Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wishful Thinking

I have this wishful thinking come upon about twice a year. Right now being one of those times! Its June in South Texas, by Galveston Bay, near Houston, TX where it gets ridiculously hot and humid. I really like summer with flip flop and shorts wear, sunglasses, and a good tan but its useless when you are inside escaping the heat! :P

So, my wishful thinking is drawn to either the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee or Colorado. I usually have this longing to live there about this time every year and in winter when I want cold weather and some snow. I am drawn to wishful thinking of cool mornings and warm afternoons, with a cool, breezy evening sitting on a porch looking at a mountain view. Looking at God's creation and His handy work, and probably thanking Him that I live in the mountains. Ha! :)
Then, I remember...He led my family to the bay of South Texas, near Houston where its humid with no mountain views and cool mornings.

O well, a girl can dream and enjoy her little wishful thinking!

No comments: