Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Trips have begun...

Wow, I have not intended to be away from my blogging like I have but so much is going on with life transitions and then our summer trips have begun.
Last Thursday, we headed out to Abilene, TX~ our old stomping grounds. Ryan and I went to college there and lived our first 5 years of marriage in Abilene so it is a pretty special town. Lots and lots of memories!!! :) We headed north to see family and attended a wedding of our dear friend Kimberly. She was in Ryan's youth group while we were on staff at a church in Abilene and we have stayed in touch with her all these years. To our luck, Kimberly is living in Houston so we have been able to see and talk with her some. She married the University of Houston quarterback so the wedding had some football theme to it and it was so cute. The wedding was so fun and so PRETTY and so BIG!!! Almost 500 in attendance so needless to say, very elegant and I'm saving my pennies now!! ;)

While in Abilene, we stayed at my aunts house in which she has a pool and the girls just swam, and swam, and swam! :) My sister drove over from Dallas with her kids so we could spend some time together and for the kids to play. Always a treat when we can get together....I sure do wish we could be around each other more!
Friday night, we hit Perini Steakhouse Ranch right out of the Texas Monthly magazine. This little hole in the wall place is in Buffalo Gap (probably 15 minutes) from Abilene and it is delicious! Such good food~ such a treat when the steak costs $27! :)
Then, the weekend was topped off with a fall from Avery girl on my aunts REAL hardwood floors that busted her chin. 8 stitches later and a big bandage...all is well. She was a trooper and strong little girl to get shots and all stitched up! She looked super cute in her pretty dress and a big o bandage on the chin for the wedding. LOL
YES, this all took place hours before the big wedding in Abilene...not kidding! ;)

Here are some fun pics of the crew swimming! I've got some amazing news in my next blog post~stayed tuned. :)




No comments: