Friday, March 13, 2009

A Great Idea

One reason I love blogging and reading other blogs is the informative, fun, creative ideas bounced back and forth via cyber world. I love how people share their life, their love for Christ, their families, fun ideas, hurts, struggles, funny videos, or anything else they know their readers will enjoy.
Well one of the blogs I read often gave me a GREAT idea for family conversation at the dinner table. One thing I do value in my household is sitting down nightly and eating together as a family. She introduced this week an idea called Dinner Discussions. You take a sentence, ask a question and everyone has to answer it..even mom and dad. For example, "if you could have your picture taken with 1 person in the whole world, who would it be?" After being introduced to this wonderful conversation starter, we tried it last night and it was fantastic! :)
The girls would just smile, giggle, etc as they thought hard on their answers. So cute! I googled Family Conversation Starters and they had some great questions you can print off and ask each other.
So there ya go! The newest great idea that entered the Prater household.(Thanks brandiandboys) Hope you take time to do a couple,even if its not at the dinner table. You could do this in the car or even on a road trip. I think its just a great way to be creative and engage talking with the kids. Enjoy it and Have fun!!! :)

No comments: