Monday, March 30, 2009

Stepping Heavenward Book

I know I have mentioned a time or two that this book is a must read but I truly can't explain enough the journey of one's life and her pursuit to godliness. I think for me I really connected with the main character as she learns what all a Christ follower is and is to become.
As I put this book up on my shelf and grab my next pleasurable reading, I wanted to share some amazing statements and quotes. Enjoy!

"I don't want to be so happy in Ernest(her husband)or in my children as to forget for one instant that I am a pilgrim and a stranger on earth."

"What I want my children to become, I must first become myself."

"To Learn Christ, this is life!"

"I gave you to God long before you gave yourself to Him. If He can make you useful in your own or in other lands, I bless His name. I never asked anything for you but usefulness in all my prayers for you."

I could tell so much more but think you should treasure this book and enjoy just what it says-- a step heavenward-to live with greater godliness, humility, and hope.

No comments: