Monday, November 30, 2009

Our "Road Trip" Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving! First of all my birthday is right before this holiday and its so much fun to be around family on my special day. Secondly, its our best holiday since Ryan is a pastor. Its the holiday that we can actually be out of town and for the weekend service Ryan can find a volunteer to teach for him. So, it makes for a nice long road trip. :)

This year we headed to the Panhandle for a week. We stopped on our way in Ft. Worth/Dallas area to break our 10 hour drive up. It was wonderful as I was able to be with my mom and dad and my sister and her family on my birthday. The next day was extra special as I had coffee with one of my dearest friends I've known since we were 16 and sophomores in high school. She is a hoot and still makes me laugh hard! I treasure her humor and joy and most of all her friendship. By Monday, we were trekking across the top of Texas toward the Panhandle. I love going there believe it or not. Its peaceful, no traffic, no rush, super nice people, and some really amazing sunsets that you can see forever, and very cold, cold nights.

Thanksgiving is a time for me to get away, spend time with my family, no schedules, yummy food, and most of all tell God how much I love Him and how thankful I am for his grace and unending, unfailing love he lavishes on me.
Thank you Lord for it all!

1 comment:

The Gumpls said...

Glad you had a nice road trip to the Panhandle! I love going back to Odessa for all the same reasons as you. Life slows down when you go back to small towns! I'm also glad you got a new kitty! You were so sad about loosing the other family member!