Saturday, November 8, 2008

5 Conversations

To my blog roll of this blog spot is Virtue Alert by Vicki Courtney. She is an incredible talented woman who loves the Lord, has 3 kids of her own, and has created a ministry for teen girls and their moms. I was introduced to her by Ryan who told me about an interesting article and instantly I was hooked. I enjoyed her humor, her knowledge, her love for growing godly girls, and her personal experience of raising both girls and boys. Well, after following her blog community for months she has launched her long awaited book called 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter. Yea-when I first heard and read about her new book it was in June and I couldn't wait to pick it up as its about raising godly girls from the cradle to college. Its here, and she is creating a book read club through her blog (www.virtuealert.com) where you can follow. I am joining and really can't wait to be mentored in an area of raising godly girls as these tween and teen years will be upon me fast.
Another exciting adventure I am joining is the jr high girly ministry that's in its first stages of development. I am leading out this book club with jr high moms and anyone else who wants to commit to reading the book, following Vicki Courtney's blog, pray for each other's girls, and a chance for us moms of girls to communicate and share our deepest struggles, challenges, or most fruitful growth of our girls. I am truly scared and excited as launching this in jr high ministry is already showing a sign of great success. Within 2 days of the email going out to all jr high parents, I have 21 moms that have contacted me via email that reads, "count me in" or "this is so exciting and I need all the help I can get." Yea- I am thrilled to commit myself and join this new journey. So, here is what I need from you. Please pray for me when I come across your mind. I want God to use me in a way that I can help facilitate a group of moms who have committed to this book read. Join the journey if you have a girl. There are moms of girls with all ages so come and bring friends. I have a good feeling God will do some amazing things!

1 comment:

Vicki Courtney said...

You are officially my new marketing rep! You are too cute and oh my, your girls are PRECIOUS! Thanks for spreading the word about the book club! I look forward to getting to know you better!