Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome Home?????

AHHH, its always nice to come home from a long holiday with family until you see this.....


Yes, the laundry pile that awaits you. Yikes, 3 huge mounds of dirtiness! Not fun nonetheless but I will simply do it because the huge mounds are worth the work. :)


It was a super fun Thanksgiving holiday break. It started off so wonderful as Ryan and I made our 10 year trip to Nashville. (post coming soon) Then, back home for 2 days to decorate the home for Christmas, wash and pack and load back up and head to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for Thanksgiving. It has been such a fun, memorable past couple of weeks that I am so thankful for. Over the Thanksgiving break, my aunt had won tickets to an ice sculpture show at The Gaylord Texan (huge hotel in Grapevine, TX) and we made it a girls night out. My mom, sister, me, 3 aunts, and my 19 yr old cousin went to have dinner before in the Gaylord, very fancy and then off to the ice show. It was so neat and simply incredible! I loved the manger scene at the very end which was stunning to see carved in ice. The funniest part might have been when me, my mom, my sister, and cousin slid down the ice slide. :) So cool...well, literally as it was 9 degrees in this place and you had to wear these parkas to stay warm. BRRRR!!!

Another highlight to my holiday week was a lunch date with my best friend from high school. We hadn't seen each other in 12 years and it was like things hadn't changed one bit. I am so grateful for facebook as it reconnected us all these years. Now, a trip to see mom and dad will include my dear friend Lindsay. Sweet times remembered and new ones made as I saw so many family members and laughed, and laughed, and laughed. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I really look forward to the Advent season as we celebrate our Savior and His birth.

1 comment:

Cruson Crew said...

So glad ya'll had a wonderful holiday!! We need some of those "slide pictures" posted!! hehe!! Love ya!!