Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

I had the privilege of having a dad that was present in my life growing up. Don't get me wrong, he worked hard but never was absent from me or my sister's life. There are definite memories I have of his love. One being, he drove a blue and white suburban until the wheels about fell off that thing probably so me and my sister could be in cheerleading, athletics, and attend church functions, or simple to keep up with 2 girls wardrobe! :) I still remember dad driving endless hours from Odessa, TX to Dallas, TX to watch those Permian High football games. Or even using that blue and white suburban to hall around cheerleader run through pole signs for the football games. Other fond memories being his presence at all my athletic events screaming or even dancing in the stands at my cheer pep rallies. Sweet times for sure and I am thankful for his presence then and even now as I've grown and his continued love to me and now my 3 girls.

So here is to my dad, as he celebrates another milestone birthday, the big 55!
Happy Birthday Dad! I hope its one of the best, blessed years yet.
I love you.

1 comment:

The Gumpls said...

I remember that suburban!!! And all the fun times in high school!!!! Happy birthday Mr. Miller!