Monday, May 24, 2010

Milestones

Well, in the past week, I have experienced some major milestones in the house! Its bitter sweet and yet another reminder that a season of life ends and new ones begin...

First off, I'll talk about my Annalise. She is my baby who is 4 1/2 and I am thinking, really only 1 more year until big school? It seems like I just had her! This past week, we said good-bye to pull-ups at night! I know some of you may be thinking, wow 4 1/2, I had my child night trained by 2, 3, etc etc but Annalise is a tiny little gal who has a very tiny bladder. :) I tried about 6 months ago and she was way not ready to pull out the big panties and stay dry all night! Its funny how you can have 3 girls and all of them do something completely different on the exact goal. Annalise just couldn't make it all night with her tiny bladder and her love for water. ;) Finally, last week, I gave it a try again and she had a couple of nights where she barely wet the bed and then it turned into nothing. By day 5, Ryan said, "there is no going back now, she had done it!" YEA!!! :) My baby girl is pull-up free and so happy to be! I truly can't believe I'll never travel the baby aisle again...no baby food, no wipes, no pull-ups, no more car seats, etc.....
WOW this is a huge milestone in my life!

Now Avery..where do I begin with this precious gal! She is my sweet pea that has the most sensitive, sweet spirit. Something happened to her this past weekend, and she became a reading fool! :) She loves to read and is doing so well at it. This weekend she picked up some of Addie's first grade chapter books and just started reading them. I was like..hmmmm, I guess she's actually reading and understanding the story line because she was engaged so much! It blew me away with her own will and determination. My Avery girl is reading chapter books! So proud of her eagerness...LOVE HER!

Finally, Addie! My first girl who changed my world completely! :) Never knew that a child, my first girl could bring so much joy into my life. Well, this past Thursday night, Addie Noel asked Jesus into her heart to be her "forever friend." Wow, it was an amazing night. We have the storybook bible that is the best bible out there for school aged kids. Its easy, short chapters with wonderful art work and every story shows how the events always point back to Jesus...well, after reading that multiple times, lots of talks, her going to church, seeing baptisms, and finally a true understanding that she NEEDS Jesus, she did it! She asked Jesus to come into her life and change her and begin a relationship together. It was incredible! Ryan, Addie, and I sat on her bed and talked, held hands, and prayed together. Truly a moment, I will remember forever. (More to come from Ryan when he writes on my blog the whole experience and happenings)

So, my girls are changing, growing, and more fun then when they took the first step and we jumped around like crazy parents! ;) A old season to let go and be grateful for those precious times, yet embrace this new season and journey as they move into more of an understanding of who they are! One of my prayers for my girls has always been that, Addie, Avery, and Annalise would be confident in who they are in Christ!
Thank you God for some really special girls who I love dearly!

1 comment:

Steph T. said...

So happy for Annalise!! What a big girl she is!!! And Avery reading that is great!
BUT Addie accepting Jesus...that's just the best news!! You all are such great parents and I know these girls are being raised to love Jesus and serve Him. Thanks for your example!
CONGRATS!!