Friday, April 15, 2011

The girl's will play

Yep, while dad's away....the girl's will play! :) Well, the month of April is upon us and it is one crazy month. Ryan is gone this month quite a bit but all for good causes, especially when he brings home a bonus paycheck. ;)
Last weekend, Ryan was up in Arlington, TX leading out a discipleship weekend. It's always kinda weird when my side kick is gone from me, I really miss his laughs & talks even if its just running errands or hang time at the house. Anyway...the girls and I took off to the mall after school and did a little shopping and came home for a dinner and a movie. Saturday, I treated them to Soul Surfer at the theatre. Wow, that was a huge surprise on how good the movie was and details of Bethany Hamilton's life before and after the shark attack. It's a must see movie about a christian girl raised in a christian home who finds an amazing determination and will & realizes how God can use her. GO see it...its a must see movie full price. :)
Well, this weekend, Ryan was at his guys weekend that is planned every April with his good friends from high school. So, this year my mom decided to come down and bring my sister's kids so we hit the town once again this weekend! ;) Grammy treated everyone to the 3-D movie RIO and Saturday was a full day at Kemah Boardwalk! We bought the wristbands for all the kids so my mom and I literally just walked and watched the kids go from ride to ride to ride. It was super fun, especially when I finally got some sun on my white arms and legs. Easy way to soak up the sun but what was more awesome was the weather! It was a perfect day...sunny skies, crisp cool 70s with NO humidity. LOVED every minute of it!
Ahhh, it was a fast weekend~always is when we have family come see us. I seems to just fly by but I am so very thankful for the laughs, and simple things that make it extra special.
It Was A Great Weekend!!! :)

No comments: