Sunday, April 3, 2011

My brain hurts

It really does! In honesty terms, I've been a little anxious with trying to figure out the whole "where are we gonna live" feeling once our house sales here in League City. Will we rent, house or apartment, buy a home, will it be South side or North side (big deal in Katy area), will my kids go to schools that feed Katy high, or not, will proximity really matter at first for our family, or just being missional no matter where,etc, etc....
Seriously, is it something I really need to be focusing on right now...NO! It's just that I am a planner, I like to be prepared, have a plan, have options, have a least a little bit of an idea. I am finding out that my control is becoming less and less in this whole transition to church planting world. One of my prayers for myself has been that I knew these loads would be heavy to my mind and heart; therefore, I would have to and WANT to lay it at Gods feet. There is no way I can carry all these "things" that have quickly become major transitions in my life.
I'm reminded that today, again, sitting in church listening to the sermon on Gospel Community~ living a life that not only KNOWS the gospel but LIVES it in their life too. So, how do I live that out in this transitional time, in many areas in my life??? Continue to lean into God's word, His promises, His grace...especially when I start letting anxieties of the "unknown" to rule my thoughts.
May I rest in Him alone and remember this quote by pastor Rick Warren (the guy who wrote Purpose Driven Life)
~Reject panic with praise. Replace worry with worship. Relieve anxiety with adoration.

No comments: