Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Conversations with Addie


Wow, my first girl is growing fast and I know that, and I really can see that on a daily basis but sometimes....its our conversations that hit me hard and I realize that I really, really love the "big girl" she is becoming! ;)
Upon putting her to bed on Monday night early (because its TAKS week), she starts talking to me about her really good friend, a non-christian. She tells me that her friend wants Addie to pray at lunch and I asked Addie...did you??? Addie replys, yes, well ok- and Addie said but what was cool is that people asked me what I was doing. :) YEA!!!
Then, she tells me a five minute conversation that would be WAY long to retell but in a nutshell, her same friend has been asking a lot of God questions. Why this, Why that, etc. So, we chatted awhile about it and I was very surprised how she handled and answered some of the God questions. I kept thinking to myself...I am so proud of her...I am so thankful she's putting her faith into action...I am so thankful she shares her faith....I am happy she is confident in talking about God even though she didn't have all the answers...I Love how she is becoming into her own~the very knit of God's hands! :) I couldn't be more proud in so many ways.



I knew Addie Noel would be unique...she always has been in so many ways. My very serious child, the analyzer, the compassionate, and being born the day after Christmas I knew raising this child would be joyful.
So, as my Addie girl grows, learns, and still is being molded, I thank God for her life and pray He would use her in her very unique ways.

No comments: