Monday, May 9, 2011

A weekend to Remember

One thing that makes a momma feel special is a whole weekend of family celebration! :)
My mother's day weekend started off with such a fun Friday night. Ryan grilled us up some grilled chicken with BBQ on it and sprinkled blue cheese...it was so yummy! I love grilled chicken and this was probably one of the best he's made yet. :) Then, we all loaded up in the Passport with Obi-Wan (our 90 lb cattle dog) and headed over to Seabrook Trails and walked for over an hour. So fun, as a lot of people have been talking about these trails so we hit them before we exit this side of Houston and can't take advantage of the local stuff. The weather that night was amazing! So cool, basically perfect for a evening walk right off the Galveston Bay. We ended the night with apple crumb cobbler and ice cream! :) Enough said!!!
Saturday was almost perfect...if not!!! Ryan cooked up some chocolate chip pancakes and then we grabbed the beach towels, beach toys, and boogie boards and hit the beach down in Galveston. A day at the beach wouldn't be complete without a stop at our favorite eats..The Spot! Love that place...it sits right off from the beach and the views from the balcony are great, plus the food is AWESOME. They have amazing burgers and fried onion rings...Mmmmm! Love it. So, we spent all afternoon down on the beach and topped it off with a walk on the Strand and ice cream at La Kings old fashion soda/taffy shop. It was a blast! The girls didn't ever get off the boogie boards and Ryan and I weren't a nervous wreck because they are FINALLY at a doable age to totally enjoy every part of the beach. Its funny how ages 9,7, & 5 seem to get more and more fun. :)
And to my surprise...Ryan bought me a new iPhone since my last one took flight out of my car in December(had a cheap case around it) and busted the screen. It worked so I continued using it with no complaints but my sweet hubby used his upgrade to get me a new one. No, I didn't get the 4G, just replaced my 3GS and today made it complete by buying a Otter Box case around it (way more protection than my last). I'm not chancing this one. ;)

Wow, I spent the first weekend in May with my sister and mom in Canton and this past weekend, I spent the entire time with my girls and Ryan. I am blessed and so grateful for all the laughs, memories, gifts, and time shared this Mother's Day.
Hope you too had on amazing, blessed Mother's Day! Much Love.

No comments: