Thursday, August 4, 2011

House Update

Wow, I've never intended my summer to be consumed with trying to sell a home but it sure was! Wow, so glad it is over....no we didn't sell our home but we did lease it out for a year. Praise God! My prayer through all this transition into church planting world has been that my girls would start school in Katy. Such a HUGE answer to prayer~ we just needed to start life in Katy. All summer, we have been commuting on Sunday for Cross Community because well, the church plant has begun and we are in the process of building the "core team". So, life in 2 cities as pretty much consumed a lot of our time. So, I am excited to tell you that someone put an offer of lease on our home last week and we signed on a lease home there in Katy yesterday.
Back at the end of June, we had someone put an offer on our home to buy but they wanted A LOT of money to be brought to the table. We knew with the crazy market and type of loan we had on the house we needed to have quite a bit saved and we did, it's just they needed so much help that we would of ended up in an apartment over in Katy because we emptied our entire savings. We were not at peace with that decision, so we declined the offer that was presented. Another continued blessing came again in 4 weeks, we had this offer to lease. We took it! It lined up and was perfect in many ways. God is good~always! :)
So, now we press forward and move out of our League City home this Saturday...Yes! I will have packed this home in 4 days...yes a 4 bedroom, 2100 sq ft home but I am thankful we have lived simple. It pays off now! ;) Seriously though, I am just thankful to be packing a home so we can at least get one year under us and continue to work hard in starting the church in Katy. Thank You Lord! :)

1 comment:

Steph T. said...

So glad u are moving!! I am praying for you my friend. I know GOd has big big plans. Love ya