Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year in Review...

“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.”
1 Chronicles 16:34

Year 2011 might just go down as one of the biggest transitions in the Prater house. My husband leaving a mega-church, transitioning out of student ministry to Lead pastor, a move across Houston, rented our home out & rented one in Katy, and finally...starting a church.
From the huge announcement last January to Clear Creek Community Church that we were leaving, to the starting of weekly services for Cross Community this coming Sunday~ what a difference one year can be!
Not only did we transition our home, family, and church into a new city...the baby Prater girl started kindergarten and this mom began to work a little more.
We also were given, YES given, a new (used) car from Ryan's parents and high school buddies who put personal funds together to bless our family with a new vehicle. Amazing blessing beyond words!!!
2011 proved to us that God's guidance and hand has been faithful as we've journeyed through this move and prepping for the launch of Cross Community Church. I am beyond excited and ready for 2012. I am ready to see habits form in my own life this new year, to see God use not only our family but Cross Community to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to our new friends, neighbors, Katy, Houston, and the world.
I look back at 2011 and can't help but think of one word....Grateful.
Grateful for God's hand,
Grateful for financial means to move to Katy,
Grateful for new friends,
Grateful for support, love, & encouragement from family and old friends,
Grateful for the core team of Cross Community to do the hard work,
Grateful for my husbands laugh and fun spirit,
Grateful for our home,
Grateful for our health,
Grateful for the love, leadership, & support from Clear Creek to Cross Community,
and so much more.
Thank you 2011, a year I'll probably never forget.

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
 my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy, 
 and with my song I praise him.”
Psalm 28:7

1 comment:

Cara Smith said...

Good luck this weekend! We miss you guys!