Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Family that Serves Together...

Stays Together! :) I am so proud of my 3 girls. On 2 different occasions as a family, we have gotten out into our community and served and shared God's love to others. Through my spiritual growth and some personal reflection and growth, Ryan and I really have talked about getting out into the community, showing Christ's love, be helping hands and feet, and start with the outside in.

Our family lives in an area were it is predominately white, upper-class, by the waters of Galveston Bay where HUGE homes and boats sit. This area is known for NASA, engineers, EXXON Mobile, and many medical professionals; therefore, to look around around area it looks so nice and tidy, and well, everyone is doing really well. We wanted our family to look beyond ourselves and really see that people do need help, and there are families that need food and work, and that life, well, isn't so simple. That this is not the norm! I want my girls to learn compassion and serving, and giving. I want them to love others no matter the color or economic circumstance. I want them to love others because they are God's people, too. I want to model this for them so as they grow, they grow with caring hearts that look beyond themselves. I want them to believe in themselves and what they can contribute to society no matter their age.

So as my family moves from the outside in, may our hands and feet be ready and looking, and sharing, and loving, and spreading the love of Christ, the Gospel.

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked" Luke 12:48

1 comment:

The Gumpls said...

You are such an inspiring woman of God, Kara. I love how you speak about your girls and Ryan! You are such a beautiful daughter of Christ!!!!