Saturday, November 13, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

in my home! :) I spent most of the day yesterday pulling down some of the Christmas boxes and started decorating my mantle and t.v. entertainment center! I had my little 5 year old helper, Annalise, helping me undo boxes. She was beaming ear to ear and singing right along with me as we had Christmas music in the background. :)
I love this time of year so I always try to get most of my decorations up before we leave for Thanksgiving holidays! We are always away the whole week of Thanksgiving since the girls get a whole week of no school and Ryan has absolutely no responsibilities in church life. So, I like to get all my Christmas decorations up on the inside and outside so all we have to do when we return from Thanksgiving break is put up our tree! I LOVE this time of year and the joy it brings so I'm like bring on the jolly. ;) I try to do this as early as I can without totally getting the "look" and "question" (are you already getting the Christmas decorations down) from my hubby! The funny thing is that early in our marriage Ryan would never listen to Christmas music until Thanksgiving was over....well, now he kindly enjoys my cheer WAY before Thanksgiving! ;)
So, snow village is up, along with some holly & berries, and my David Frykman Santa's and I still have a lot more but I sure do like the feel so far! My favorite part was when Addie and Avery walked through the door yesterday and beamed too from ear to ear and said.."I love Christmas". Made mommy's heart happy! :)
Hope you all are getting ready and excited for what this Christmas season will bring. Tis the Season!

No comments: