Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dreams Becoming Reality

Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Bachelor, Bachelorette, etc... Why are these shows so captivating? At least for me, I have to admit, they lure me in and I find myself connecting with them or rooting for a favorite or acting crazy over a winner.
In the living room tonight all by myself (Ryan is out of town), I acted like the girl back in high school who found out she made cheerleader! I was jumping around and screaming- not to loud, kids were in bed! :)
You see, I love American Idol! Tonight was the season finals and the winner was announced- yes my favorite David Cook. I actually had 2 favorites, Michael Johns and David Cook- and one of my favorites is the next American Idol. I love this show! First of all, the beginning of the season is so funny but forget that, in the ups and downs, rude remarks, and over time you start to find yourself rooting for a certain someone. I think for me its because I connect with these guys up there on the stage. These contestants put themselves out there, to be tested, poked fun of, laughed at, cheered for, all for a dream. A dream to sing on the American Idol stage, a dream to be named an artist, the list could go on. I admire them and live through them in a way. I believe we all have dreams inside of us. I wish I could sing like that, I wish I could just have the nerve to try out, I wish I could be the winner, I wish I could sing the song that changes hearts and brings tears, I wish I could live big like that- at least for one day. :) I know I have felt many of these feelings.
The dream can become the reality. Its awesome! If I put myself out there, let people cheer me on, and poke fun of me my dreams will become reality. Its time to let that happen more.
David Cook made his dream a reality tonight. I want to make my dreams a reality too!!!

No comments: