Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommy MakeOver

It was a great start to my mother's day weekend! On Friday, Addie's class had a mommy makeover. This idea was priceless and probably one of the most creative, personal touch to a mother's day gift that I think I've known a teacher to do. OK.... here are the details.

I was to be at school with lipstick, blush, eye shadow, a brush for my hair and some clips. When all the mother's arrived to class each child put make-up and fixed their mom's hair. Mrs. Johnson set the mood by putting on soft music as each child "made over" their mom. It was hilarious. Addie put lipstick on my about 3 times and then put flower clips on the side of my head. Here is a picture of completion...

Next, the lights were turned off (with soft music still) and Addie rubbed my shoulders and put lotion on my hands and gave me a teasing massage on my arms and hands. The smell of the lotion was so yummy- coconut scent- nice and summery. Anyway, it was so relaxing. Then, Addie served me some punch and cookies so we could watch our video the class put together. It was awesome and yes a tear jerker! Each child told why their mom was special and if they could buy their mom anything, what would it be. So cute.. Loved it! It was such a special, sweet time with Addie. The day ended as I received a self portrait of myself and a poem. Keepsakes!!!!

Mother's day was wonderful. I ended my weekend with a day of shopping by myself (that's a treat in itself) and a dinner date with family. It was so nice and relaxing, refreshing, and memorable. I definitely needed that mommy makeover!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Happy(belated) Mothers Day! I just read this blog, and it does sound sweet and wonderful. Makes me look forward to making memories with my own some day....