Saturday, July 12, 2008

DC bound

As a stay at home mom, I don't get to travel all that much and leave my girls. Or should I be real honest and say, I have a really hard time leaving the girls. Having them around 24/7, all the bedtime routines, and snack times, our scheduled life together is hard to let go. Once I became a mom, I never dreamed how hard it would be to let them be under someone else's care. Secondly, due to the fact Ryan and I decided to have like 3 girls boom, boom, boom, I was a little nervous of how demanding 3 little ones can be and someone not use to that can get a little overwhelmed. Well, many years have passed and I do leave my girls for a night or at least 2, its just doesn't come to often because all relatives live far away.
Not this week, I am bound for Washington DC baby! :) Yes, its a place rich in history and a place I have always wanted to see. I have the opportunity to sponsor with my husband a group of students who are leaders within the youth group to a conference called SLU-student leadership university. We get to spend 5 days in DC touring just about everything you can imagine, the Capital, Pentagon, all the memorial walls, the Christ's Church, museums, and so much more. These are just the icing on the cake to some really good leadership sessions.
So, tomorrow I head to the Dallas area to drop off the girls with Grammy and Grandpa and their famous aunt-my sister. Side note here, my girls think my sister hangs the moon with her blonde hair, big sunglasses, sun roof, and Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana playing in the car. he he
I am flying out Monday morning so the girls will spend the entire week with my sister and my mom and dad. I know they will do great for they have been so excited and counting down the days for this week. For me, I am starting to feel peace inside and I know that's God inside me saying its ok, they will be ok, you will be ok. Last nights walk and my walk to the mailbox tonight were simple prayers of protection and peace. Safety. I don't like to fly!! So as you read, please send a quick prayer for me, Ryan, the girls, and safety.
I am off. Off to DC. I can't wait to tell you the incredible scenes my eyes will behold this coming week. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, I will be praying for you and Ryan! I don't like to fly either. But y'all will be blessed! I hope we get to see the girls while they are here!