Monday, July 21, 2008

Made To Count

Yes, this is my next book read outside of my bible. This book was one highlighted this past week in Washington DC in which Bob Reccord challenges people to make your life count right where you are in your area of influence. WOW, it was a charge for a Texas gal who has felt God pulling on me just unclear exactly what or where that begins. Bob lead a session that focused on answering His call, tell His story, change your life that poured wisdom into my brain and heart.
Here you go...
#1 Answer His call- God calls us to have a personal, life-changing relationship with Him, yes He calls us by Name
#2 Tell His Story-How we serve, What we Say, How we Pray
#3 Change Your World- live a life that is made to count and remember that "God loves you just the way you are but He loves you to much to keep you there."
That quote alone has changed me because I know God loves me right where I am but I know that I have been way to comfortable in my life. I have gifts and talents that God wants to use and I am ready. I am a leader and I can only lead well unless I follow well. As said by Bob, "when the pupil is ready the Master will come." I am ready and I am excited about putting into action what I learned. Like SLU says, " Leadership begins at the feet of Jesus" and that's exactly where I want to be.
More tomorrow.....

No comments: