Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gray Hair

OK...wow, I can't believe I have been to Dallas, then DC, back to Dallas, and back to League City! Crazy, fun, adventurous week. I have so much to blog about my trip to Washington DC but I had to tell of my first day trying to get to DC.
Here it goes! Sunday, I drove to the Dallas area to leave the girls with my mom and dad and sister and her husband so I get there in the afternoon and we enjoyed a great evening together. Then, at 9:00 pm I realize that I have no wallet with any identification and yes I was flying out at 8:00am Monday. Yes, you have to show some type of identification so I was in full panic mode now. My wallet was back home in League City, I was in Dallas area with no identification to get on a plane and meet Ryan in DC. So, after many, many heads put together and a late night drive to DFW airport, I had confirmation not to sweat that I should be able to get on the plane as long as I had some type of identification and could answer some questions. So, at midnight, Ryan is faxing me a copy of my drivers license, a copy of my insurance card, and debit card, next I find a paper in my glove compartment of my car that shows some type of tax stuff on our home so I grab that and my car insurance info. Needless to say, I got 4 hours of sleep that night and seriously dreamed that I didn't get to get on the plane. Monday morning, I made it through major security and I was off to Washington DC.
I am sure at this point in this blog reading you are like man I can't believe she didn't know she didn't have her wallet before she left town. Hey, between a 2 1/2 yr old that is constantly in my purse and my absent mind these days to all these girls, I had no clue it was never in my purse. Oh well, I made it through the airport, met up with Ryan who kissed me first and then handed me my wallet firmly and said, "put this in your purse."
Well, I have so much to write and share of my days in DC but I can't wait share most of the leadership training I was under in those few days. It literally has changed me, corny I know but so true. God did amazing things to me this week and I am excited to see His journey with my life. Until tomorrow, a gray hair popped up in the front part of my hair and I knew seriously that it was my wallet adventure and nerves of flying. Yes, I plucked it instantly!

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh my word - we heard through the family grapevine about your wallet woes... I'm glad you got to go! Can't wait to hear about what God did!