Monday, January 25, 2010

An Unknown Passion

What is something in your life that you would think might never happen or would have never crossed your mind? Was is something that tells you it won't happen due to finances, time, other dreams? Is there something in you, an unknown passion you didn't know about?
For Me??? I would say probably adoption. Ryan and I have never been closed minded about the idea but I have that voice in the back of mind saying, why, you already have 3 girls, its too expensive, you hate to fly so how would you get across the ocean without a panic attack, etc. As a friend of mine who help start an orphan adoption center just adopted her 3rd child from Ukraine. She inspires me! Her endless love for her own children and 3 adopted ones. Her love for a big family! I think its amazing. Check out this coming home video of her kids greeting her, her husband, and their new 12 year old Ukrainian daughter.


I don't know if I will ever adopt but it has crossed my mind more than once and way before my friend started her orphan adoption agency. Now, I just tap into that "thought" more because I have friends that are adopting and have adopted. I've seen and known the blessings. I am encouraged by my friend's motivation and passion for orphans around the world. Its inspiring. My prayer might be to at least start digging deep down within me to see what makes me tick! What dreams do I have, what risks am I taking. It begins with....believing, "its what faith can do!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

That's so great Kara! But I know contemplating adoption is so much easier than stepping out in faith and doing it. Clark and I have always thought about adopting, especially ever since he was in medical school and rotated at Children's. There were so many abused and neglected children there. Now that our kids are so little and another one is on the way, it seems an impossible idea. But its hard to forget about all those children with no families, and to not feel convicted by the fact that "children are a blessing from the Lord." I pray for clarity and wisdom for you and Ryan! Even if that means finding that your inner passion is something else. :)