Monday, August 30, 2010

A Good Read and Quote

This summer I read a really, really good book called
Scouting the Divine
My Search for God in wine, wool, and wild honey
by Margaret Feinberg

It was a very easy read yet so engaging and Margaret is such a gifted storyteller. After spending some time in the bible this morning and reading, I thought of this book. It reminded me that the creator of the universe, of all things, God the Father is interested in having a relationship with me. Enjoy the quote that I read in my bible. I think you too will say..how Great is his love for us!
Happy Monday!

"I am amazed and humbled to realize that an awesome, omnipotent, sovereign God would want to communicate with me. But that's one of the reasons he created us: he wants us to have fellowship with him. People have tried to explain how to hear the voice of God. In my opinion, nobody has been able to describe it fully. I believe God's sheep know the Shepherd's voice by faith."
~Thelma Wells

No comments: