Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wacky Week!!

This past week was really weird, in fact kinda wacky with some funky stuff going on with my sweet Avery girl. Ryan was out of town until Thursday so I really wanted to take advantage of these days to get some school things knocked off the list! Well, Monday was our only great shopping day, Tuesday we got some swimming in, and then I realized these fever blisters that Avery had (2 big ones for over a week) were not getting better. I noticed on Tuesday that her face broke out in a rash that was a little alarming to me but after our swim, it seemed to help dry in up or make it less noticeable, actually a little better. Then, on Wednesday it spiked back up and was starting to get all over her face instead of one centralized area! Yikes...I started to think, this can't be good, in fact this thing is getting worse. So about the time, I make a decision that yes we do need to see the dr, its already 5 and the dr offices are closed. I make a run to CVS to at least let the pharmacist look at her blisters and now the rapid rash, it was confirmed that this rash was not good and we should see the dr in the morning.
Therefore, at 10 am on Thursday morning, I finally get in to see Dr. Quillin and her rash had turned into a STAFF INFECTION! :( Yes, I couldn't believe it and poor Avery girl hardly complained at all besides the itching part. CRAZY!!! So, after a anti-viral cream and a very strong 5 day antibiotic, Avery is healing well! Yea, I knew the antibiotic would help her greatly as the first day we were only to give her 1 tsp and the next 4 days a 1/2 tsp. Yikes, that's some strong stuff!
Needless to say, my week was consumed with this and i felt like i got really nothing accomplished besides a clean bathroom. O well, the week ended awesome as Ryan got home on Thursday and we topped it off with a (yes, the best $1 invention movie rental) The Book of Eli! :) It was such a good movie, I actually wished I would of saw it sooner. Its a must see. :)
So, I have 2 weeks to wrap up some school shopping and get myself ready to work part time starting the 17th! Yea for a schedule and some extra money, but boo for summer already coming to an end! Hope you all had an awesome week!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

My poor Avery girl!!! Sounds like she and I both did not have a very good week! Give her a hug for me!!!

Steph T. said...

Wow!! Bless her heart! You just never know do you? Glad she is better!!