Friday, December 3, 2010

My holiday week at home...

Thanksgiving week was wonderful! I love going home and get to spend unlimited time with my parents and my sister & her family. :) We always have lots of fun, hit the shops, and try to pack as much as we can into that week we are all together.
I got to celebrate my 35th birthday with my family which is always extra sweet. I got lots of unique goodies but most importantly I ate one of my favorite places Pei Wei with EVERYONE and the company at my birthday lunch was the best part of my day and best gift! I love having my birthday near Thanksgiving especially when I'm with my mom and dad. :)
On Wednesday, we bought tickets to the Ice show at the Gaylord Texan. That hotel is so pretty and amazingly too big but o so pretty! ;) The theme at Ice was Charlie Brown Christmas which was so awesome...the girls loved and we bundled up in the parkas for that chilly exhibit.
We finished the week celebrating Thanksgiving with my many cousins and aunts and uncles that all live up in the Dallas area. My sister hosted Thanksgiving at her house and it was sooo nice to catch up with my dad's side of the family...49 there to be exact. LOL Dad has 4 sisters so there are a lot of cousins who have had a lot of babies!!! :D I told Ryan that we truly are the black sheep of the family as we are the only ones on my dad's side of the family that doesn't live in North TX! I often wonder why God never led our path to that area of TX due to so many family members there but I am sure thankful for many amazing years down here in the Houston area. :) I love my South Texans!!
It was a wonderful, blessed week. I spent 5 full days there with mom and dad and spent some much quality time with my sister (my other best friend).
Here are some random pics throughout the week.
I hope you all had a wonderful, fun-filled yet relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.
We all have so much to be thankful for! :)



2 comments:

Erin said...

It was so great to see you guys and catch up! Thanks for sharing so much with us, and especially for holding Claire and keeping her happiest! :)

And you guys aren't the only black sheep anymore - now Lindy and Gavin are since they're in Lubbock! haha!

Lindy said...

Yah, I was going to say - We're the "other" black sheep who live way out here in West TX! Also, we kind of stemmed off your idea of the Advent Calendars - Gavin bought a wooden one to be used over every year. Each pocket has a piece to place on a manger scene, so the surprise is which peace we get each day - we look forward to starting our own traditions with our little boy.... :) Love and miss you guys!