Sunday, June 22, 2008

The wheels on the van.....

go round and round, round and round all through Texas! OK, last Thursday, June 13th, we took off across Texas-6 1/2 hour drive that turned into an 8 hour drive. We were headed to the town where we went to college and lived our first 5 years of marriage. Our real journey heading back to Abilene was to celebrate a very special couple who was getting married. Ryan was officiating the wedding and the girls were the flower girls. OK... I have to pause her a quick minute and brag on Addie and Avery. They did soo good being the flower girls and they looked soo pretty. It was fun to see them feel like princesses and big as they walked down the aisle beaming at their father at the end. It was special, the look on daddy's face was unforgettable. HMMM, I think we might see a foreshadowing going on here. Anyway, back to our trip. We had a great time reliving memories, seeing old faces, and spending time with some friends.


Next, daddy takes off to Lake Brownwood to meet the youth kids for camp so me and the girls truck on over to Dallas area to see my mom and dad and sister's family. To be honest, at this point it was starting to feel like I was doing a complete circle inside the state of Texas.

I would love to talk of my days in Dallas but I think my sister would about kill me if I share in her fiasco of her haircut and coloring experience. Lets just say, 6 1/2 hours at a hair salon- enough said. :) It was fun just letting the kids hang out, watching movies with my sister, and spending time with my parents. Always nice. OK.. Now after 3 days in the Dallas area, we are back in the van and headed home.

I think in our week and half journey the girls did fairly well. There was some hair pulling, screaming, bribing, and laughing going on. It was a good trip so I think I'll let these wheels on the van go round and round again soon.

No comments: