Monday, June 30, 2008

Doing Good

The current series at our church. (www.clearcreek.org) The series has been really good for me as I have taken a break from serving and try to figure out exactly where I need to be next.
Doing good-we are all created to do good and we all know we have a purpose but would I rather be the person who has all the good or be the person who is doing good?
This week our pastor highlighted many people who were doing good. It was challenging and a self check. Doing good for me right now is raising my 3 little girls and them being under my care in the early stages of life. I hope that I am teaching them good. The good being knowing God and then doing good.
Do I truly KNOW God. I think for me God is reminding me of something. In my book I am reading right now(No Other Gods), I read a chapter where she highlighted why we choose different idols in our life instead of choosing the one God. She asked questions like do you really KNOW God and that he loves you. Its easy to say yes well of course but do we really KNOW God. Heart check for me this morning was what am I missing because I am busy wanting the good instead of KNOWING Him and doing good for others.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advanced for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10

1 comment:

Lindy said...

That is so true! On my recent retreat, the question was posed "Am I in love with the THINGS of God, or am I truly in love with God Himself?" Similar to what you are talking about - good stuff! (Thank You Lord for those heart checks!)