Sunday, January 18, 2009

Enjoying the Read

I have become quite the reader the older I get. As a child, I never really picked up a book and read for pure enjoyment just usually the basic required reads for school. Now, I wouldn't call myself a book junkie its just I am really loving books these days. I find myself getting frustrated because I have 2 more sitting on my dresser waiting to be read but I have convinced myself that reading one book and the bible is plenty to digest.
I decided to take our church's challenge and read the bible all the way through in a year. I have to admit that it has been really more enjoyable than I gave it credit for and I look forward to my daily reading. The daily readings are not taking us straight from Genesis to Revelation but it is broken up strategically for a more pleasurable read. For example, each reading is from the old testament, a psalm, and a new testament reading. Its been inspirational as God is using His living word and allowing me to take away daily application for myself. Yesterday in my reading God really used a verse in Psalm 16 to reveal once again God's provision for my life.
Read here and find the beauty of His promise.

"I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." vs. 2

"The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods." vs 4

"Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure
because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life, you will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures at your right hand." vs 9-11

WOW!! What reassurance I have all over again of His glorious one and only Love.
I am amazed and grateful to you my Lord for your Living Word.

No comments: