Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jesus Club

On our car ride home today, Addie proceeds to tell me that she had her feelings hurt today. Great, the conversations that as a mommy you begin to squirm on the inside and get the feathers ruffled. Well, she said a friend at school was acting "sassy" and being rude. Avery chimes in as we are getting out of the car and says, "what does sassy mean?" Addie gets her hip out to the side with one hand on it and puts up the number 1 finger on the other hand and says, " o no you didn't" and begins to show Avery what sassy looks and sounds like. As I wanted to laugh and I did a little, I begin the conversation of trying to inform the girls that you kindly and politely tell the friends that you don't like the way they are acting or behaving and tell them to either leave you alone or simple go play with someone else. Addie tells me how clubs are being formed and this one friend started the sassy club. RED ALERT...... I then had to switch gears and inform Addie how you wouldn't want to part of the sassy club and that maybe clubs are not the best thing to have as so many different people could have their feelings hurt. So we talked more and then she begin to tell me that she had started the club of God. (Not word for word but I'll type as much as I can remember)..... here is what Addie tells me with the sweetest most innocent tone, "You know mom, something like the Jesus club where I know about Him and God because my dad is a pastor and he has taught me so much about God."

I have to hand it to her that opportunity arose and she stood for a better belief, a better heart felt choice, a chance to tell friends about God because her dad is a pastor and "she knows more."
A sweet and sincere girl who I hope will always know her parents will be her primary discipler and help her gain more wisdom of God.
But most importantly, the girl who I hope will always be in the Jesus Club. :)

2 comments:

Cruson Crew said...

Oh that sweet girl!! Tell her I want in her "Jesus Club"!! Cute story!!

m.c. said...

what a little doll! annnnd..."oh no you di-ant..." how funny! she's a smart cookie, that one. wouldn't it be cool if this Jesus club took off! she'd end up on oprah!