Monday, June 28, 2010

Seasons

Seasons of life. You embrace them, go through them, and then let them fade away not to forget them but to remember something new awaits and its time to begin this new season!
So many of our friends have some amazing adventures and life changing seasons that are calling them. Some of them have already gone, some or leaving soon, and so many are having their 1st or 2nd babies. Its been an interesting past couple months to say the least! And as our own family, steps out in faith to embrace this new journey, this new season of life, it's been comforting to see how God has used so many people close to our hearts to do the same. These seasons of life definitely grow you as your emotions are tossed back and forth making you rely more than ever on God and while doing so its making your heart stronger.
I just read an incredible book and one whole chapter was on friendship and being a "pastor's wife" ( I'll blog on that sometime, how difficult friendship is in the ministry) but one of the quotes that spoke wonders to my heart was this...

"Every place you go will hold friendships that will outlast your stay- if you let them. Instead of pining over good-byes, embrace the joy of hellos. I never stop being amazed at the different types of people God blesses me through during different stages of my life." ~ Lisa McKay

So to all my friends out there having to say good-bye, I pray that your hellos will be sweet and some amazing friendships cross your path on these new seasons of life.
Much love to you and your entire family. Your names are written on a piece of paper in my bible for prayer.
My family too will embrace a new season soon and I can't wait to share my heart and journey with you.

2 comments:

Steph T. said...

Loved that quote also. So blessed God brought you into my life my friend!!

The Gumpls said...

So excited to see where God is going to lead your sweet family!