Thursday, July 29, 2010

He Blessed Me

This week we received our letter from our sponsored child in Kenya, John. It was awesome and blessed me deeply!!! I was intrigued as to what he had to say to us. His gratitude and authenticity will bless you too so I wanted to share the letter here.



(written by a translator)
"John greets you in the name of Jesus Christ. He says he is grateful to God for He has answered his prayers and given him a sponsor. He informs you that he says thank you for choosing him as a friend and a sponsor.
He informs you that his praying to God to continue to bless you and your family."

Johns prayer requests:
"John requests you to pray for his family to live happy, and pray for his studies so that he can work hard and have a good future."

Wow, I was blown away! I couldn't believe a 7 year old would be asking for prayer for his studies yet alone already thinking of his future! Quite different then the prayers that are said by my 6 and 8 year old girls. His gratitude of sponsorship was poured out in his letter and it filled me with joy. My heart was so happy. :)
Along with the letter on the front, it told us more about John. The letter also included:
favorite color: purple
favorite school subject: social studies
best game: football
best song: Muhadhara
best friend: Ales Kamunya
Where he lives: Village
Parents & Sisters: Arnod & Nyakeo (dad & mom), Sharon (sister)
*best bible story* Crucifixion of Jesus

I loved the last bit of information!!! John's favorite bible story was about Jesus death on the cross! He is hearing the gospel, the good news of Christ. John is experiencing the love of Jesus, medical attention, attends school...all because as a family we decided to pay $30 a month to sponsor this boy.
Its amazing how sponsoring a child in need, it blesses you more!
I can't wait to write back and send a picture of our family. :)

Please join me in prayer and when you think of our family, please pray for John too. If you want, you can also sponsor a child through Compassion International.
It too, will change you!