Friday, January 7, 2011

The "Arctic" Blast...

So Northerners would truly laugh at us South Texans! I mean the talk of the town is that there will be an Arctic blast hit us by Sunday. ;) And by arctic blast, they are saying temps in low 40s during the day and then low 30s at night!!! LOL Yes, that truly is cold for us South Texans who have thin blood and I am sad to admit I am included in that category. My sister laughs at Ryan and I because we love the cold so much and God moved our path down to South TX 8 years ago that gets very little cold weather. hehe Now coming from Abilene, TX (central TX) its not that it was really cold, but we did have the big coats, snow, ice, and an actual winter! I miss the cold terribly because its not that I just love to freeze and rattle my bones but I love the whole layering winter look...scarves, jackets, fun vests and hats, boots, fuzzy socks, fireplaces,and warm pj's, etc. We get to wear those fun items ummmm like maybe 1 month!!! ;) Then the white snow is so beautiful and peaceful! There is just something about when snow falls from the sky...a very unique peace comes over you as you watch from the other side of the window.


Ryan and I hope that in 2 years or so, we can make a family trip to Colorado and take all the girls skiing. We want it to be a good experience and we think if we can get Annalise to 1st grade all girls would at least be able to withstand the demands and hardness of snow skiing and a true winter. I look forward to that trip someday, and a cabin nestled in the snow covered mountains! :)
Until then....I will enjoy this arctic blast that's is upon us this next week. I'll definitely be breaking out all my winter clothing and cooking up some yummy warm soups/stews and tasty grilled cheeses.
Brrrr.....stay warm!! :)

No comments: