Saturday, January 22, 2011

I was a no show...

You see, I have these 3 girl friends who I went on a trip with the summer (Fandanga) and bonded greatly. There is something to be said about a 3 day trip, a river, girl food, girl talk, encouragement on being better wives/moms, and shopping!
Well, now the "Fandanga Four" as I call us, meet every month with our families at La Brisa Mexican food to catch up and touch base. The funny thing is that we all go to the same church which our husbands all serve on staff and live within 5 minutes of one another. However, life, work, wife, mom duties, etc etc...we basically never see one another except passing at church (in which we always almost still a hug) ;)

Well, last night was our 6 months since our Fandanga trip~the half a year marker~ a very nice dinner date in Houston. Remind you...this was planned over a month ago!!! Well, wouldn't you know...Addie comes home sick from school on Wednesday and Thursday I get her into the Dr in which they confirmed strep. Uggg...I was like, I can't not get sick and yep, Thursday night I had a massive headache and achy feel only to wake up Friday thinking, I have to get to the Dr. So, I made an appointment and they swabbed me for strep and flu both were negative but she went ahead and put me on a antibiotic since my throat was red and I had been exposed to strep. Cool...I had no fever, my aches were gone, no strep..I am a go for our group date night! Nope, at 2:30 yesterday, I spiked a high fever and had a white puss pockets forming on my throat. I was like how in the world do I not have strep, I can't even swallow or talk!!!
So, I was a no show for group night on Friday. I was so very sad. I was depressed. I had made a special treat for each of them. I was missing out on laughter. I was missing out on good food. I was missing out a night out in the city with my husband.
I was depressed.

Today, I have sat all day long on the couch trying to drink some fluids because I know it will help me but every time I swallow it feels like stickers are in my throat! I am so irritated as I have taken 3 rounds of my antibiotic and seems to barely be kicking in. *sigh*
On a brighter note...I've watched HGTV the entire day and have been inspired how much work and projects we can do to sell this home and decorate our new in Katy!!! lol :)

1 comment:

Steph T. said...

WOw girl! That is no fun being sick! hope you are on the mend!!