Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some Goals

As a new year starts, I wanted some goals for myself and I knew if I wrote them down or at least blogged they would start to take root & I would become disciplined to begin asap! :)
So here goes, to a new year, to some goals...may I grow as a woman/wife/mom & follower of Jesus Christ my Lord!

*strengthen my prayer life

*Read the whole bible in a year (have a tool, to help me greatly!)

*read a least a book a month or every other month (ones that will strengthen my character, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ, as a mom, wife, etc)

*don't waste time on Facebook besides wishing people happy birthdays, sharing photos for family & friends

*post updates on my blog more regularly, especially the journey we are upon!

*have more patience with my girls

*let my house/laundry not hold me captive to the "it always has to be done" feel

*to not let the cleanliness of my house make me have worth as a mom

*be a better friend with my time

*host people into my home more often

*save $100 a month from my paycheck now until Dec. so I can surprise the girls a trip to Disney World next Christmas!

*find a job at least 4 days wk & flexible to my girls when my baby girl starts kindergarten next school year

*Love more

2 comments:

Steph T. said...

Ok...I need to just copy all of those & do them too. Super great list girl!!! You forgot one though...
GO to the PW retreat in May!! LOL!! I am so thankful for your words & how you always spur me on to love Jesus more.
love you!

The Gumpls said...

You say some of the most inspiring things! I pray that you, Ryan and the girls have an amazing 2011!