Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My One Thousand Gifts



So many of you know that I am currently reading this book with 3 very dear friends, Ann Voskamps book A Thousand Gifts~ A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.
My, o my... it has already been an amazing read! This book beams with wisdom and digs deep into the heart of women and what we truly struggle with in so many ways, discontent! But, we are to live a life overflowing in gratitude right where we are! After reading chapter 3, I was inspired to start my own 1000 gifts...my heart of gratitude, after all, she highly encourages that dare to be FUllY alive... to live FULL ..FULL of gratitude! So here today, I begin...my 1000 Gifts, my journal of the gifts God has graciously bestowed upon me. (I will post weekly)

1. A new year of hope and joys.

2. A husband that has an amazing servant heart and loves & cherishes me and our marriage greatly that I love more and more with each passing day.

3. 3 Healthy, beautiful girls that have captured my heart and who I absolutely adore.

4. A warm home that is already way more than what I really need.

5. A warm cup of coffee made by Ryan that greets me each morning.

6. My 2 fuzzy cats and 90lb dog that make me smile.

7. Clean water.

8. Warm jeans straight out of the dryer!

9. A burning candle filling a room with my favorite scents.

10. A cup of green tea at night, curled up on the couch and conversations with Ryan.

11. Late night walks with my 90 lb dog and the prayer time that comes with the peace and quiet and night.

12. A hot bath.

13. Amazing friends that spur and encourage me on.

14. My church and the body of believers that have helped stretch and grow me spiritually.

15. My 3 girls laughter.

16. The chance to learn more by reading the bible chronologically in a year.

17. Ryan who greets me always with a hug and kiss..a husband who loves to hug!

18. Dinner conversations around the table with my 3 girls..its amazing what lessons/discipleship happens around the meal

19. Fun hats because it makes life easier with the hair

20. A sisterly embrace and laughter after a disagreement...always brings a smile.

No comments: