Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some Good Eats

OK, let me just tell you that I would return to this Bed & Breakfast again all for the fabulous breakfast this inn keeper made! It was DELICIOUS friends, I mean like 2 new things that I've had never had before and a breakfast table set for kings and queens. ;)
On Friday morning, Judy (the inn keeper, hostess at Lamb's Rest Inn) served up a warm type of yogurt that was molded, served upside down with a fruit sauce over it. Then, she brought out a pancake bowl! Yes, a pancake bowl that was huge and you served up some cinnamon cooked apples and a little bit of syrup....awww, it was sooo good! I loved how unique her food items were but that was nothing because Saturday was AMAZING!
Ms. Judy started us off with a skinned pear that was cored out and stuffed with cream cheese (my favorite) and then cooked. It was so, so good. Then, they took that plate and served us scrambled eggs, peppered bacon, polenta, coffee cake, and then some breakfast rolls!!! Yes, I stuffed myself as much as I could and everything was so YUMMY. Ms Judy definitely has a gift in cooking. I loved her polenta which is like a grit but made with stone corn meal and she even cooked hers up with some cheese. I had never had polenta and I LOVED it! I'm gonna try and find it at our Kroger Signature and serve some up especially after finding out its high in fiber and iron. :) Next, I've never had a pancake bowl or a cooked pear especially stuffed with cream cheese. It probably was one of the best places I've eaten a breakfast at! (and i've eaten in Hawaii) ;) Ms. Judy and Mr. George have owned this B&B for 16 years after retiring from down here in Houston. Now, they are looking to retire for real they told us so they are trying to sell their B&B. I told them that I am going to try and get back before they "really retire" to enjoy once more their amazing hospitality and food!
So, yep, I probably gained a couple of pounds in those 3 days there but I loved how we really experienced a gourmet breakfast in every way! If you are ever in Gruene, TX anytime soon, stay at Lamb's Rest Inn... I promise, you'll experience some Good Eats! :)

No comments: