Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dare To Do Great Things

One song that seems to be constant in my mind these days is a song from Mark Harris called Wings. I love it! It has come to be a song I seem to listen to over and over and over. It has words that express what I feel for Addie, Avery, and Annalise as they are growing like weeds right in front of my eyes. Here are some words that bring tears to my eyes but joy within as God gives me these girls to lead toward His Kingdom.

"That as I watch you grow, I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams. And faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things. I'm here for you whatever this life brings, so let my love
give you roots and help you find your wings."
My favorite part of the whole song is where he sings about faith. The faith that will give my girls courage to dare to do great things. I pray this for them. I want them to believe in themselves and for them to know the courage God can give. So as I send them on their way in this new school year, I am here for them no matter what this life brings and I pray my love would give them strong roots.
I love you Addie, Avery, and Annalise.

3 comments:

honey said...

Kara - You have three very blessed and lucky little girls!

Prater said...

Our little girls will do amazing things for the kingdom because of the love you shower on them and the loving influence you have on them. How blessed they are to have such an amazing mom to immulate! Thanks for all you do for them.

Karen Miller said...

Amen-son in law!!!

When I heard the words to that song I remember my time with my girls!!! It flew by, but it was the best time of my life-being their mom! I am so proud!