Monday, August 4, 2008

Hurricane-Really??

OK... I never kept up with hurricanes, tropical storms, crazy coastal weather until I moved down to Southeast Texas 6 yrs ago! I mean, I grew up in West Texas where its flat land, mesquite trees, oil jack pumps, and West Texas football. (which is the only thing anyone cares about) Anyway, I only have a quick moment to post as my husband just got home from work and we have to pull in all our potted plants, lawn chairs, etc. As of yesterday, a quick disturbance formed in the gulf and quickly moved to a Tropical storm and might become a hurricane as it hits landfall Tuesday morning. Crazy!!! I mean I thought I was doing good at getting to Kroger at 8:45 am this morning and the place was already hopping. Bread, peanut butter, water, ice, etc. Everyone had the same items in their baskets. Hmmm, I am thinking at this point, I wasn't that worried but seeing so many people filling up their baskets and grabbing batteries and flashlights like it was Christmas time at a toy store, this took my nerves to a different level!
Then, I am thinking hmmm...God did you really move me to a place that I have to board up windows, stock my shelves for my kids sake, and tune into the weather like 24/7? Hmmm, Colorado or Tennessee mountains sound soo much better about now! :)
Well, we are ready to go! Keep us in your prayers as you read this or think of our family. I'll be posting more soon, if we have power. Thanks Y'all!

No comments: