Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pjs, Coffee, and the Olympics

Need I say more? I love the Olympics. Ryan and I both are athletic and sport fans so this is like high priority in this house. The Olympics trumped Disney channel! So, my tv has been on almost 24/7 since opening ceremonies last night. Did you watch opening ceremonies? It literally was unbelievable and so awesome! We had a couple come over and he is a pastor with Ryan and she is a good friend. They have 3 girls so basically its like estrogen level over flow in the house when we get together. :) Anyway, we ordered pizza, I made cookies and peach cobbler for dessert and yes we had ice cream too. Its not a night out with friends unless I prepare a dessert. OK back to the Olympics...we all watched the opening ceremonies and it was incredible. We all kinda laughed and said, "man, can anyone really beat this?" We got the girls in bed about 10:00 last night and then stayed up until 11:00 to watch it until the end. It was moving and powerful to watch our world come together and honor and celebrate these athletes and their talents.
It was refreshing.
At 7:30 am, the girls are up and Ryan already had the tv on and the games had begun. It was so nice to sit, drink coffee, lounge in the pjs and watch these amazing athletes.
As I type (4:00 pm), our tv is still on and we have watched it almost all day between breakfast, lunch, laundry, cleaning bathrooms, and a sick child.
Its been nice to just be home and enjoy the Olympics. Hey, it only comes around every 4 years.
I hope you take some time to enjoy the Olympics. :)

1 comment:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I LOVE the Olympics, too. I talked about it the other day on my blog, too. We've got a DVR, so I recorded the opening ceremony and forwarded through the commercials. (I'm also recording all of the summer games, just so I won't miss anything)

I even took photos of the events on TV - so dorky yet so cool.

I got here because you posted a few spots below me on PW's site. Nice to meet ya!

Kristin