Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grateful Spirit

As I take time to sit and do this blog entry today my spirit within me is grateful. I am loved by my Creator, I am loved by my husband, my girls think I am wise, and most importantly I have felt a stir from God for quite awhile.
My journey begin last summer when I read a book about Joy. After reading it, I felt that I was ready, ready to let God really use me just couldn't quite put my finger on it on what exactly that certain something was. Through time and reading some books, I feel my character and relationship with God has grown. I feel different.
As the year went on last year, Ryan needed another sponsor to go with him on Student Leadership University trip in Washington, DC. Smart man, he picked me! :) It was there at SLU 201 that God pretty much moved in me and said, "Ok, like the speaker is saying Leadership begins at the feet of Jesus" or maybe it was him nudging me when the speaker talked on God loves you just where you are but loves you too much to keep you there. OK... OK.. I am started to see a common theme happening here. Then, as I return home and start reading 2 different books, plus my quiet time (a daily reading by Beth Moore) I see the common theme continuing on and on and on. So, what is the common theme? My life. My life being totally surrendered to Christ. What? But I knew that and always have. This particular season of my life is different. Its maturity in my relationship with Christ, its really saying ok God I am ready for you to use me. This doesn't mean He will send me to some far away place. God wants me to know that leadership and making a life made to count starts with a close relationship to him and then He will use me in my area of influence for His Glory.
I am grateful for the year journey God has been moving in my spirit, I am grateful for SLU, I am grateful for the books that have been placed in my hands, and I grateful for a God who loves me just where I am but He is ready to move me out because He loves me too much.

"For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works that He prepared in advance for us to do." Eph. 2:10

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can't wait to hear all the things He does through you Kara! Thanks for the encouragement.

Crystal said...

During my quiet time this morning, (I'm studying the Frazzled Female), I came across Acts 2:28- "You have revealed the paths of life to me; You will fill me with gladness in Your presence'. I thought about your post and how great it is when we remember how AWESOME God's love is when we begin at His feet. It always amazes me when things I hear or read line up with a request that I have made to God, (I know it shouldn't). I've also done alot of personal growing over the last several months and I finally feel at peace with where I am, at HIS feet. I think I was looking for my external place and He was drawing me inward. Pretty cool.